Permit Applications

The City of Cut and Shoot has building permit requirements now in place to protect the citizens and visitors in our city. Permits are required for new construction (residential and commercial) and include plumbing, electrical and heating and air conditioning. Permitting is also required for any commercial remodels and/or "add-ons" to existing structures. Permitting requirements are required for any resident or business within the city limits of Cut and Shoot.

For the safety of our citizens, professional and well-trained inspectors ensure building standards are met. 

Access to a downloadable Permit application can be found below.

For Commercial/Industrial and Business Customers, you will find a Commercial Certificate of Occupancy Application below.

If you have questions concerning building permits contact the City Offices during regular business hours.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to acquire a permit to remodel or add on to my residence?

Currently, the City of Cut and Shoot does not require a building permit for residents within the city limits to remodel or add on to their existing residences.  

I have a water account with the City of Cut and Shoot, Do I have to have a permit for construction?

It all depends. The water department of the City of Cut and Shoot serves a wide area that is outside the city limits of Cut and Shoot.

The Permit requirement pertains to residents and businesses and commercial/industrial construction within the city limits of Cut and Shoot.

To ensure that you are not in violation of the permit requirement, contact the City office within normal business hours to have your question answered.